Wayside Christian Mission's Sober Living Program
Wayside Christian Mission offers a nine to twelve month residency-based, abstinence-based Sober Living Program. As a donor supported mission, we do not charge for our services. Women and men in our program attend recovery classes five days a week, engage in forty hour per week work therapy assignments, and participate in regularly scheduled group community meetings. Other classes and faith-based meetings are also available for our clients’ personal growth, understanding, and edification.
If you have a substance abuse issue, please phone Chaplain Michael Blunk at 502 345 7080 or mail him using the contact form below. Often, email is faster. Either way, your request will be answered.
We work closely with the courts, prosecutors, public defenders, prison case manager, and alternate sentencing workers. Non-violent drug offenders who are currently incarcerated will most likely fair better in our program. To refer a client to our program, use the contact form below or phone the chaplain’s recovery hotline.
If you are a family member or friend of a substance abuser, please have the individual email or phone us directly. Unless you are a client’s legal representative or case manager, we need to hear directly from the prospective client.
Clients joining our program can bring some changes of clothing, toiletries, and a few personal items. Resident clients are not permitted cell phones or computers. While this is not a lock-down facility, clients are monitored and strict curfews are enforced.
The food is good and plentiful. Resident clients are treated with dignity and respect. The program rules are based on common sense practices. The facilities are clean and well-monitored.
Because of privacy issues, we are unable to give information on or verify the whereabouts of clients to family members or friends. Please do not ask us to divulge such information as this is a violation of federal law. You may send cards and letters to loved ones in care of Wayside Christian Mission.
At this time, parents cannot bring their children into the program, but we are convinced you will be a better parent after completing our program.
We are here to help. This is a compassionate program that has helped legions of women and men live sober, productive lives. Please consider partnering with us through your generous giving.
Let us offer some additional highlights of our program:
- This is a nine to twelve month residency-based, abstinence-based program
- Clients are not allowed to hold outside jobs until reaching "after care"
- The women are housed at Hotel Louisville at 120 West Broadway
- Men in recovery report to our main campus at 432 East Jefferson Street
- We do not charge for our services
- Clients are engaged in a forty hour week work therapy program--this is not to be confused with employment
- We are, perhaps, more flexible than some other agencies as to medications
- We cannot accept registered sex offenders
- Clients have recovery classes five days a week--this is an arduous program and participants are expected to put forth their best efforts, but sobriety has its rewards
Please phone 502 345 7080 for more information about the Sober Living Program or click the contact button: